Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Trust STrangers

I've become more trusting in some ways. I trust strangers more. They know things I don't know, and therefore, they can tell me something I may need to know.

I end up talking to a lot of strangers, on the street, in retail stores, in bars, random or not-so-random because he or she could be anyone. We tend to dismiss people based on appearances, and people in the know play on this.

Smart people, though, don't hide very well, why? Because even when they play dumb, they talk like they're smart. It's in the way they organize thoughts, how eloquent their speech is--not the content. Sometimes I wonder about this--your gardener or the guy driving the dump truck. Do they choose not to speak at all? In moments of frustration, do they just switch to Spanish? Hoping to fool us?

In true, genuine psychosis, speech is gone. I haven't been around too many psychotic patients, but I have been around a few of those "no one believes me" hysterical ones. They were in pain, but the doctors couldn't find the source. To me, this is the same-the big EE. Out there, invisible, we know it exists, but does it for you? Why can't we find it for YOU? You have to provide a REASON FOR YOU.

You're the fucking doctor, not me. Do I look like I graduated fucking medical school? What the fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment