Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Travis

During my stay at STanford University HOspital I made a friend who we shall call Travis, who was discharged before me. I found out later that he is chronically suicidal.

He has a form of autism called asperger syndrome. His language is awkward but polite.

ON the third of April, he disclosed to me his plan for suicide, which was to ingest paint thinner on Saturday, so he could "join [his] grandparents and uncle in heaven." Sometimes I would try to talk the person out of suicide on my own, but I do not know him very well or how serious and solid his plans were to die. I didn't bother. I made a threat instead. I told him if he did not go to the ER again (he went a few days before, and they kicked him out without a 5150), I would call 911 on him.

Travis made it easy for me. He went to Stanford ER instead.

Last I heard from him was on Thursday and, he was transferred to another hospital on a hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment