Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Penn Kid REturns

"I love you," she says to me earnestly into her phone her words crossing the miles between us.

--Hades

I forgot that it was that time again for scheduled repairs on the nuclear reactors here locally, and that the Penn Kid and his crew would return to perform the maintenance. When the Penn Kid text-messaged me, I was taken by surprise by how long it had been since we last spoke--almost a full year.

WE decided to meet up at my favorite bar--a hotel bar. I was ready first, so I waited for him. I couldn't drink. I order a Grey Goose and orange juice on the rocks and watched it melt while I emailed back and forth with Rosa. I was too drowsy from the pain meds I've been taking because I've gone back to riding, and I'm body sore. I knew that if I drank it, I wouldn't be able to drive.

He finally arrived and we only talked for about an hour because I was too tired to do much of anything. I had to go home anyway and take my meds for the night.

The Penn Kid seemed to understand my lack of energy, and walked me to my car. HE gave me a hug, and said that we would see each other on Saturday.

2 comments: