Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

More on Nora, the Hallucination

I didn't know how to tell the staff that my boyfriend's wife was holding me hostage inside my brain.

"You seem kind of distracted," one of the doctors said.

Meal times were the worst. Nora claim she could make me stab myself with a fork or knife ("push" me to do it)--so I weighed that threat with the hunger I was feeling. Needless to say, most days I hardly ate. The staff noticed, and started bringing my meals to me in my room. My weight dropped to being officially underweight. I couldn't face the other patients, who might want to talk to me because all I could hear were the auditory hallucinations--Nora or DAD, who joined up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment