Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dissociation and Deal With Emotions Better

Where is the place where people spend time with their loved ones, date, move in, get married the old fashioned way? Where is this mystical place that I have never visited?

My most normal relationship started out long distance, which according to my new therapist says that it was well controlled. It was with Randy, and last a year.

With Lucky there were more up's because I was manic that summer. WE were not together long enough to include some of the more progressive elements of the romantic development.

After that, I met MOrpheus. Yes, he is unavailable. Yes, something about that must go along with my personality, which does not apparently want a full-time man.

IN all honesty, I don't buy that. I buy that his personality clicks with me, and his unavailability is just a byproduct I deal with after I initially fell in love with him.

I enjoy my time alone, and do not hunt down boyfriends, but I hunt down sex toys, living and breathing, although that has changed this year too since I've been sick. My therapist noticed just a pattern of dissociation, and it's there in the area of sex as well.

There is no dissociation with Morpheus. There's no chopping him up in bits. I've never had to deal with him for more than one night. I've never had to guard up my heart. What would I have to do to turn down the volume if I had to deal with him more, or would I learn to deal with my emotions better?

No comments:

Post a Comment