Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sex: Anxiety? Part II

More meat for the Meat Grinder or have I changed my ways because of the psychosis and because I was diagnosed HPV-positive over the summer?

My attitudes towards sex has changed as I am leaving the lifestyle of hunting for casual sex behind.

I have no judgment on those who partake on casual sex. I don't think it's wrong or immoral nor do I think it's a meaningless exercise in exploring one's sexuality as long as it's done safely.

Perhaps I would still be visiting a bar on a weekly basis if I had never entered a psychotic episode. I will never know, but my suspicious nature increasing as part of symptoms in psychosis makes it difficult to trust some stranger enough to take the clothes off and fuck.

I can assume that as soon as the psychotic symptoms subside completely, and if I go into manic episode again, my attitudes towards sex might become more liberal.

Regardless, for the next two years, I will continue to test positive for HPV, and I will have to disclose that to anyone I have sex with until I test negative at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment