Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Peas and CAttle and Life Lessons

ONe of my ex's use to pick peas out of the rice whenever we were out to eat. He was a big man (still is), and so, he was slumped over the table, both elbows on the wood, shuffling around peas like they were small cattle to be herded up into a loading dock onwards into a truck. Delicately, he didn't miss a single one.

I think of that whenever I think of couples complaining about each other, small habits that grind away, leave small red marks on each other's skin, eating away at togetherness.

I learned both then that his table manners didn't bother me, and that simultaneously, I preferred to eat alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment