Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Trip to the ER

I woke up a few days ago in my bedroom in the middle of the night, naked from the waist down with no recollection of how or why I wasn't fully dressed. I must have at some point blacked out. I had to used the restroom, so as I moved off the bed, I fell down, almost to the floor, but I was able to grab onto the bed for support. My legs just gave out. I tried the same thing again--to walk--and my legs refused to move. I waited for a few minutes, and then I was able to walk to the bathroom.

I re-told the story to my psychiatrist's assistant because we were disagreeing over whether or not I should see the Neurologist. I have an appointment with her on May 30th.

The psychiatrist called me back personally, and told me that I was in "danger" and that I should go to the ER.

I went to the ER, and dealt with a condescending doctor. He just drew blood work, and that was it. My lithium levels came back high--1.5. He said this was my problem, and discharged me.

After speaking with my psychiatrist, we reduced my dose of lithium down to 600 mg from 900mg. 

 I've been trying to make it happen again, but I haven't been able because I don't believe it had anything to do with the lithium toxicity.

I also don't understand how or why I blacked out. I haven't discussed this with anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment