Note

Parts of this blog have been fictionalized. 9. As it was created through the halls of the mind in the grasp of psychosis.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Maybe the Best Thing YOu EVer Had

"I'm telling you this because you'll wake up one morning, and you're fifty. And maybe the best thing you ever had was fifteen years ago. And you can't get it back again."

--"ON Cheating," an email sent to Morpheus

I've known Morpheus now for almost five years (it will be on August 25).

Over the years I've gotten use to a pattern of behavior. You call him, and he takes whatever amount to respond, usually months. It doesn't matter how important the calls are. I once called him when I was very ill (psychotic), and he just ignored me, and my ten phone calls (with messages). Obviously he's not available because he's married, but it's more than that. There's been "gross negligence" on his part where he's had time to respond, and never did.

Now, there are no phone calls, unless he makes them because I don't have his phone number. I just write my stupid emails.

EVentually as "The Other Woman," you get tired of being last on someone's to do list.

You do this because, supposedly, two people are in love. When he said he wasn't in love with me, it made me really think about why I go through the trouble of participating in an affair.

The sex, while incredible, is no longer worth it. And no, it can't be replaced with someone else. Every partner is unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment